Monday, September 8, 2008

Almost there!

We had a very productive weekend! We finished the MASSIVE amount of sanding on our hallway and are almost finished with the room. Since it has been so long since the place has been taken care of there were cracks and holes pretty much everywhere. Especially underneath the wallpaper. Every inch of wall was pretty much spackled or completely mudded. Also we had a large patch job next to the bathroom where a door had been covered over for a closet and never really got a proper fix. I trimmed out most of the walls in primer, I think my maintenance guys call that cutting in, I'll just say trimmed out. Tonight we'll probably finish sanding the office and do any final mudding that we might have missed. That means tomorrow we roll out the walls with primer.

After we we are done with that we will begin sanding the stairs. Thank god! They are such an eye sore right now. Soon enough they'll be a back sore. heheh. I also primed the back vestibule which leads in the kitchen. The vestibule has wall paneling up. I painted it the same color as the sun porch. I figured since they're both entrances, and they are such small spaces, that the color wouldn't be too repetative. I also don't want it to look like a fun house with too many different colors. I just need to pick up more high gloss white paint for the trim in the vestibule and paint the ceiling. Once that's complete I'm replacing the carpeting with the same gray carpet tile in the sun porch. I'm not a huge fan of them but it looks nice and it's good enough for now. Especially since we are still doing work which could mess up something nicer.

Things finally seem to be moving along so much faster. We just seem to be knocking out projects left and right lately. I don't know what we would do if we had no motivation. Alot of people forewarned us that we would get sick of working on the house when we bought it. They thought things would never get done. I can imagine most people would lose steam pretty quick and I'm just thankful we haven't.

No comments: