Thursday, July 24, 2008

A sigh of relief

Well, I am very happy that I have the bathroom livable. I am now motivated to complete the rest of the upstairs to make it, well to make it up to my standards. The entire upstairs hallway is next on the list. The carpet was removed from the floor and what's left is hideous floors in desperate need of some sanding. We also have this awesome wallpaper (I'm assuming it's from the 30s or 40s). I've got most of the wallpaper scraped from the hallway. I just have about 4 small sections left. Here is what I'm working with:
Photobucket
The completed scraped walls
Photobucket

Now this is pretty interesting. See this lovely door in the back ground?
Photobucket

This door leads to a closet that someone created. Guess what's inside this closet?
Photobucket

A window. Actually it's the only window in the hallway. That means no natural light in there unless this closet door is open. So after I'm finished scraping all of the other wallpaper, this wall/ door will be coming out. I'll put some nice blinds/ drapes and a chair in the corner for right now. I'll hopefully get to this by this weekend.

1 comment:

RSP said...

Ugh, the wallpaper scraping.. been there, done that, have more to do... I'm just seeing how long I can possibly put it off. I too have closets with windows, so odd, but mine don't help add any extra light where I need it. I can't wait to see yours after you've taken off the door and finished that area. Should be cute!!