Monday, November 23, 2009

We're Just Getting Way Too Good at this...

This weekend Quentin finished the wood on the fireplace. I began staining last night. Look at how great it looks.
Photobucket
Photobucket

It almost looks like it was made for our home. This is such a differance from the boring brick that used to be on the fireplace. Of course this is just the first coat of stain so I am so excited to see the end result. We are hoping to finish the glass on the fireplace by sometime in the next 2 weeks before our holiday progressive dinner with the rest of our block. We have pretty much the best neighbors EVER! We'll see if we can afford the $400 it's going to cost for glass tile. Ugh! I swear the further you get along in your house projects, the more expensive the project. At the same time, the fireplace is now a focal point vs. an eye sore.

I also began sanding the front windows so we can finally get some new blinds and the front door. I'm so sick of dust from sanding. I will be happy to finish so we can stick with our schedule of getting our floors refinished this winter.
Photobucket
Tito and his little cousin Lola:
Photobucket
Just click on the thumbnails to enlarge. I think I finally figured this photo thing out.

No comments: