Friday, November 14, 2008

What was I thinking

I thought you had to sand old work work to get it smooth and even. Was I ever wrong. I have antique wood refinisher. You take the refinisher dip some steel wool in it and rub in a circular motion on the wood and the old finish comes right off. Look at one of the floor boards I just redid!
Before:
Photobucket
After:
Photobucket
And this only has 1 coat of poly on it. It looks so good with 1 coat that we decided to just use 2 coats of poly on the wood we are refinishing this way. It's amazing. The wood is even smoother than the wood we have been refinishing with a sander. This is the way to go people!

Oh we also have been scraping... ahem, I have been scraping all of the wall paper in the guest bedroom. Here is a not so great photo:
Photobucket
Here are the finished windows above the stairs:
Photobucket
What a difference!

And all the while here is Roscoe enjoying the a fire while we work.
Photobucket

No comments: